An infection brought on by worms is treated with Albendazole 200 mg Tablet. The worm is prevented from absorbing sugar (glucose), which causes the worm to become weak and eventually perish. Neurocysticercosis is a nerve system illness brought on by pork tapeworms, and it is treated with albendazole. Additionally, this drug is employed to treat the infection brought on by dog tapeworms known as cystic hydatid disease, which affects the liver, lungs, and peritoneum.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Albendazole 200 mg Tablet twice daily. It is taken for eight to thirty days. The doctor explains the dosing and administration instructions to the patient. One should not consume more than the healthcare professional has directed. It could be detrimental to health.
SIDE EFFECTS OF ALBENDAZOLE:
The side effects of Albendazole 200 mg Tablet manifest differently in individuals. They are mentioned below:
- Neck stiffness
- Temporary hair loss
- Spinning sensation
- Dark urine
If the side effects persist, visit the physician immediately to manage it. One may see adverse side effects in the case of drug interactions.
DOSAGE OF ALBENDAZOLE:
The dosing schedule depends on factors like the severity of disease and the patients response to the treatment.
- Hydatia disease of the liver, peritoneum, and lung-
Adults weighing 60 kilograms (kg) or more: Your doctor will determine the dosage based on your body weight. The usual dosage is 400 mg, given with meals twice daily for 28 days (1 cycle). After then, there are three cycles of not taking albendazole for a total of 14 days. Adults under 60 kg: Your doctor will select the dose based on your body weight. The usual dosage is divided into two doses and taken with meals for 28 days at a rate of 15 mg per kilogram of body weight daily. After then, there are three cycles of not taking albendazole for a total of 14 days. Usually, the dose is limited to 800 mg daily. The doctor determines the child’s dose.
Adults and children weighing 60 kilograms (kg) or more: Your doctor will determine the dosage based on your body weight. Typically, the dosage is 400 mg taken twice daily with meals for 8 to 30 days. Adults and children weighing less than 60 kg: Your doctor will determine the dosage based on your body weight. Typically, for 8 to 30 days, the dose is 15 mg per kilogram of body weight divided into 2 doses daily.
- Refrain from taking this medication if one is allergic to the ingredients.
- Adverse side effects of combining Albendazole 200 mg Tablet with other medicines exist. Book a doctors appointment if this occurs.
- Your doctor will likely advise you to take specific drugs to prevent nervous system harm while taking albendazole to treat neurocysticercosis. If you have any of the following symptoms, get immediate medical assistance: seizures, headache, vomiting, excessive fatigue, or changes in behavior.
- Inform the doctor if you suffer from liver disease of intensity.
- Never take or give more than the prescribed amount to the patient. In the end, there would be more unwelcome side effects to handle and control.
These necessary precautions are taken for improved health.
Albendazole 200 mg Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. Doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be ingested with this medicine.
Drugs that interact with the given medicine stated below:
Be aware of the drugs and their uses. Renal impairment, Myelosuppression, and Hepatobiliary dysfunction interact with this medication.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|