Aldactone 100 Tablet is prescribed for the following diseases:
- Congestive heart failure
Aldactone is used to identify or treat conditions when there is an excess of the hormone aldosterone in the body. Your adrenal glands generate the hormone aldosterone, which aids in controlling your body’s salt and water balance.
The doctor specifies the dosage instructions for adults and children.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Aldactone 100 Tablet by mouth once or twice daily.
This medicine works better if it is taken at the same time everyday. There is consistency to this. One will not forget to take this medication.
There is a liquid form of this medication as well. It is given in some cases.
The doctor examines the patient’s situation and decides the dosage schedule for a stipulated time.
The side effects of taking Aldactone 100 Tablet appear differently in different people.
A higher dose of the medication could result in intense side effects.
The effects mentioned below.
- Skin rash
- Stomach cramps
- Sore throat
One must visit the physician if the side effects persist. The physician is trained to deal with and manage the side effects. Unwanted side effects occur if the medicine is not taken duly.
The rare side effects may occur in some patients. It is difficult to foresee the side effects that may arise.
One must build up their immunity. The side effects may not be so severe for patients in this case.
Dose for adults (ages 18–64 years)
Starting doses typically range from 25 to 100 mg administered orally once daily. You can regulate it all at once or in two doses.
Dose for kids (ages 0–17 years)
Children under the age of 18 are not allowed to take this medication.
Elderly dosage (ages 65 years and older)
No particular dosage guidelines are available for seniors. It takes some time for the drugs to be metabolized by elderly people. The levels of this medication in your bloodstream may be higher than usual after taking a typical adult dose. Senior citizens may require a lower dosage or a modified dosing regimen.
The dosage structure varies for each disease. Taking the correct dose means fewer chances of falling ill.
- The doctor is made aware of all the patient’s medical problems like kidney problems, liver problems, lupus, and diabetes.
- Adverse side effects of combining Aldactone 100 Tablet with other medicines exist. Speak to the doctor about this.
- Refrain from alcohol use when on this medication.
- Follow your doctor’s recommendations for your meals, including those for a low-sodium diet and a regular exercise schedule. While using this medication, stay away from salt alternatives that include potassium. Discuss with your doctor how much potassium-rich food you consume, such as bananas, prunes, raisins, and orange juice.
- Inform your doctor if one suffers from Addison’s disease, kidney disease, or other disorders that could raise your blood potassium levels. Your physician might advise against taking this medication.
The doctor is the authority on what to avoid when taking this medication. Some precautions heeded are for a better outcome. One is aware of the safe ways to take this drug.
Aldactone 100 Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. The doctor informs us about the drugs that should not be mixed. The other drugs it interacts with stated below:
- Vitamin D3
The disease interactions of this medication are also present. Acidosis, Renal dysfunction, Diabetes, and Hyperkalemia interact with this tablet.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|