Arava 20mg Tablet is used to treat psoriatic and rheumatoid arthritis. It relieves pain, swelling, and redness while reduces the disease’s course. You can take an Arava 20 mg tablet with or without food. To reap the most benefits from it, you should take it consistently and at the same time each day.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Arava 20mg Tablet once daily or as directed. The doctor explains the dosing and administration instructions to the patient. One should not consume more than the healthcare professional has directed. It could be detrimental to health.
SIDE EFFECTS OF ARAVA:
The side effects of Arava 20mg Tablet manifest differently in individuals. They are mentioned below:
- Aphthous stomatitis
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Back pain
- Thinning hair
If the side effects persist, visit the physician immediately to manage it. One may see adverse side effects in the case of drug interactions.
DOSAGE OF ARAVA:
The dosing schedule depends on factors like the severity of disease and the patients response to the treatment. 20 mg once daily is the usual Arava dosage for rheumatoid arthritis. Your long-term (maintenance) dosage will probably be this amount. The maximal Arava dosage is also at this level.
Your doctor may recommend a loading (beginning) dosage of Arava if you have a low probability of experiencing specific side effects*. 100 mg once daily for three days is the loading dose. Your doctor will then recommend a maintenance dose of 20 mg once daily. Arava is intended to be a lengthy course of therapy. If you and your doctor decide that this medicine is safe and beneficial for you, you’ll probably continue taking it for a long time.
- Refrain from taking this medication if one is allergic to the ingredients.
- Adverse side effects of combining Arava 20mg Tablet with other medicines exist. Book a doctors appointment if this occurs.
- Leflunomide is broken down into molecules useful to the body by the liver. The liver also breaks down alcohol. Leflunomide and alcohol consumption may be more harmful to the liver than using either substance separately. When using leflunomide, you should abstain from alcohol to lower the risk of life-changing liver damage.
- Children whose dads used leflunomide at conception may experience birth abnormalities. Because of this, a man thinking about starting a family must cease taking the medicine and speak with his doctor. Otherwise, he should use condoms when having sex.
- Leflunomide affects the immune system to lessen the harm that certain immune system components do to the body. It may lower the body’s defense against infection-fighting cells (white blood cells). Leflunomide may thereby lessen the body’s capacity to combat serious infections.
These necessary precautions are taken for improved health.
LEFLUNOMIDE DRUG INTERACTIONS:
Arava 20mg Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. Doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be ingested with this medicine.
Drugs that interact with the given medicine stated below:
Be aware of the drugs and their uses. Liver disease, Pulmonary toxicity, and Tuberculosis interact with this medication.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|
|Colloidal silicon dioxide|