Bentyl 10 mg Capsule is prescribed for irritable bowel syndrome. Stomach and intestinal cramping are avoided skillfully with this medication. The movement of the gut is slowed and provides relaxation for the muscles. It is an antispasmodic and anticholinergic agent. The doctor specifies the dosage instructions for adults and elders.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Bentyl 10 mg Capsule by mouth four times daily. This medicine works better if it is taken at the same time everyday. There is consistency to this. One will not forget to take this medication. The doctor examines the patient’s situation and decides the dosage schedule for a stipulated time. The liquid form should be measured and administered.
The side effects of taking Bentyl 10 mg Capsule appear differently in different people.
A higher dose of the medication could result in intense side effects.
The effects mentioned below.
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Dry eyes
- Increased heart rate
One must visit the physician if the side effects persist. The physician knows how to deal with and manage the side effects. Unwanted side effects occur if the medicine is not duly taken. It increases the risk of more illness. The rare side effects may occur in some patients. It is tough to foresee the side effects that may arise. One must build up their immunity. The side effects may not be so severe for patients with increased immunity.
Dose for adults (ages 18–64 years)-
Starting doses typically are 20mg given four times daily. The doctor may increase it to 40mg after one week. The daily maximum allowed is 40mg.
Dose for kids (ages 0–17 years)-
Children under the age of 18 are not allowed to take this medication.
Elderly dosage (ages 65 years and older)-
Adults over the age of 50 may experience kidney function issues. It might slow down how quickly your body processes medications. The amount of medication in the system increases as a result and stays there for longer. The possibility of adverse outcomes increases.
The physician might change the dosing schedule or start you on a lesser dose. As a result, the body’s concentration of the medicine may not rise too high.
The dosage structure varies for each disease. Taking the correct dose means fewer chances of falling ill.
- The doctor is made aware of all the patient’s medical problems like kidney problems, liver problems, and enlarged prostate.
- Adverse side effects of combining Bentyl 10mg Capsule with other medicines exist. Speak to the doctor if these side effects occur.
- If you are allergic to it or have any of the following conditions, you shouldn’t use dicyclomine:
- Glaucoma; urinary tract blockage or other issues;
- An obstruction in your gastrointestinal system (stomach or intestines);
- Significant ulcerative colitis;
- GERD, or gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Myasthenia gravis is a severe heart ailment with active bleeding, or if you are nursing a child.
- The elderly may be sensitive to these drugs. Consult the doctor before ingesting this medicine.
- One must not take antacids while on this medication. It strains the absorption capacity of the body.
The doctor is the authority on what to avoid when taking this medication. Some precautions heeded are for a better outcome. One is aware of the safe ways to take this drug.
Bentyl 10 mg Capsule interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. The doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be mixed. The other drugs it interacts with stated below:
- Vitamin D3
The disease interactions of this medication are also present. GI Obstruction, CV acute hemorrhage, Glaucoma, and Tardive dyskinesia interact with this tablet.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|
|Dicyclomine Hydrochloride USP||Corn starch|
|FD&C Blue No.1|