The Ciplox Eye/Ear Drop is a quinolone antibiotic drug available on the market for the treatment of infections of the eye. The doctor would make sure to provide the correct dosage details.
How is it administered?
The administration steps include the following:
- One must wash their hands first and foremost before using the eye drops on oneself or others.
- Tilt the head back and place the eye drop at a reasonable height from the eye. Take care that it is not brought too close to the eye.
- Drop the medicine in one eye and keep it shut. Ciprofloxacin eye drop takes about 1-2 minutes to allow it to come face to face with the infection.
- The same step should be followed when using it in the other eye.
Side Effects of Ciprofloxacin:
The side effects of using Ciprofloxacin eye drop are given below:
- Eyelid crusting
- Bloodshot eyes
- Blurred eyesight
- Heaviness in the eyes
- Unpleasant taste in the mouth.
If they persist, then immediately contact your nearest physician or an ophthalmologist.
Dosage of Ciplox Eye Drop:
The day-wise dosage schedule is mentioned below for the use of Ciprofloxacin eye drop:
- On the first day, use 2 drops at an interval of 15 minutes for six hours, then 2 drops every 30 minutes the remaining number of times.
- On the second day, use 2 drops every hour of the day.
- From the third day till the fourteenth day, use 2 drops every four hours.
These instructions of use are for those suffering from corneal ulcers. This is for both children and adults.
Dosage for bacterial conjunctivitis- 1-2 drops every 2 hours for two days. The next five days require 1-2 drops every 4 hours.
One must remove contact lenses before administering this medicine.
The doctor must be well versed in your medical history and the infections you may have suffered from in the past few months.
One must also avoid any heavy-duty work, driving, and other stressful tasks when using Ciplox Eye/Ear Drop.
One must keep the region of the eyes clean and hygienic to prevent infections from arising.
One must refrain from consuming dairy products like cheese and yogurt during the treatment.
Other eye medications and drops could interfere with the process of Ciprofloxacin eye drop, hence must be refrained from use.
The doctor will inform regarding the drugs that should not be taken together with this medicine.
Ciplox Eye/Ear Drop Ingredients:
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|
|Ciprofloxacin HCI||Edetate Disodium|
|Water for injection|