Cyclophosphamide Tablet is employed to treat specific cancers. It is a chemotherapeutic agent that suppresses or arrests cell proliferation. Cyclophosphamide reduces the immune system’s sensitivity to certain illnesses.
It is utilized when previous treatments have failed to control a specific form of renal disease in children previous treatments have failed to control a particular form of renal disease in children is utilized.
This drug is absorbed through the lungs and the skin.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Cyclophosphamide Tablet by mouth once every day. The doctor explains the dosing and administration instructions to the patient. One should not consume more than the healthcare professional has directed. It could be detrimental to health.
SIDE EFFECTS OF CYCLOPHOSPHAMIDE TABLET:
The side effects of Cyclophosphamide Tablet manifest differently in individuals. They are mentioned below:
- Changes in skin color
- Mouth sores
- Hair loss
- Nail darkening
- Weight loss
- Low white blood cell
- Joint ache
If the side effects persist, visit the physician immediately to manage it. One may see adverse side effects in the case of drug interactions.
The dosing schedule depends on factors like the severity of disease and the patients response to the treatment. For tablets used as oral dose forms:
To treat cancer:
Adults: Your doctor must establish the dose-dependent on body weight. One to five milligrams (mg) per kilogram (kg) of body weight daily are the recommended doses.
Children- The doctor must set the dosage based on body weight. 1 to 5 milligrams per kilogram of body weight daily is the regular dose.
- Refrain from taking this medication if one is allergic to the ingredients.
- Adverse side effects of combining Cyclophosphamide Tablet with other medicines exist. Book a doctors appointment if this occurs.
- Cyclophosphamide may reduce your body resilience, making the vaccine less effective or potentially increasing your risk of contracting the virus the vaccine is designed to fight. Additionally, you should avoid being around any members of your household who have had live virus vaccinations because they may infect you.
- Your blood’s level of white blood cells may temporarily decline due to cyclophosphamide, which raises your risk of contracting an infection. It decreases platelet levels important for healthy blood coagulation.
- Some people who take cyclophosphamide may experience temporary loss of hair. Normal hair growth should resume when therapy is finished, albeit the new hair may be slightly different in texture or color.
These necessary precautions are taken for improved health.
Cyclophosphamide Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. Doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be ingested with this medicine.
Drugs that interact with the given medicine stated below:
- St. John’s worts
Be aware of the drugs and their uses. Hepatic dysfunction, Renal dysfunction, and Pulmonary impairment interact with this medication.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|