Cymbalta Tablets are an antidepressant that selectively inhibits serotonin and norepinephrine absorption (SSNRI). Duloxetine alters brain chemicals that may be out of balance in depressed individuals. Adults with major depressive illnesses are treated with Cymbalta. Adults and kids who are at least seven years old can take it to treat generalized anxiety disorder. Adults can also take Cymbalta to treat persistent muscular or joint pain, diabetic neuropathy, and other types of chronic pain (such as low back pain and osteoarthritis pain). In addition, adults and kids over 13 who suffer from fibromyalgia, a condition marked by chronic pain, can be treated with Cymbalta.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Cymbalta Tablets by mouth once daily. The tablet should be swallowed as a whole. The dosing instructions and are explained to the patient. It is in addition to the side effects of the drug. One should take this medication until the doctor sees fit. The doctor is in charge of the prescription.
SIDE EFFECTS OF DULOXETINE:
The side effects of Cymbalta Tablets appear differently in different people. A higher dose of the medication could result in adverse side effects- the effects mentioned below.
- Dry mouth
- Increased sweating
- Loss of appetite
The physician knows how to manage the side effects. The medicine is taken duly to prevent further occurrence of side effects.
Rare side effects may occur in some patients. It is tough to judge the side effects that may arise.
DOSAGE OF CYMBALTA:
The dosage depends on severity and patients response.
Ones age will determine the Cymbalta dosage that is best for treating generalized anxiety disorder. The suggested dosage for persons under 65 is 60 mg administered once daily. With this dosage, the majority of people can begin. In some circumstances, your doctor could advise starting with 30 mg once daily for the first week. Your dosage will then be increased to 60 mg once daily.
Adults 65 years of age and above should begin taking 30 mg once daily for two weeks. Your doctor could increase your dosage to 60 mg once daily if you don’t experience any bothersome side effects. The highest daily dose for anxiety in people of any age is 120 mg.
For depression, a starting dose of 40 to 60 mg of Cymbalta per day is advised.
One will most likely take 20 mg twice daily for the 40 mg dosage. One will probably take 30 mg twice or 60 mg one time daily for the 60 mg dosage.
With this dosage, the majority of people can begin. In some circumstances, though, your physician can decide to have you take 30 mg once daily for a week before raising your dosage.
The doctor may increase your dosage if necessary, up to a daily maximum of 120 mg.
- The doctor is aware of all the patients medical problems like kidney and liver problems.
- Adverse side effects of combining Cymbalta Tablets with other medicines exist. Book an appointment with the doctor if these side effects occur.
- It is unknown if Cymbalta will harm a fetus, so let your doctor know if you are pregnant or intend to get pregnant while taking it. If taken throughout the third trimester of pregnancy, Cymbalta may harm the unborn child. To monitor the progress of your pregnancy and assess any potential effects of Cymbalta on the unborn child, your name may be included on a pregnancy registry if you are pregnant. Cymbalta is excreted in breast milk and could affect a nursing infant. It is not advised to breastfeed while taking Cymbalta.
- Inform your physician immediately if you experience sudden or unexpected changes in your mood or behavior, such as new or worsening depression or anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or feelings of impulsivity, hostility, aggression, restlessness, or being more active or talkative. You should mention any suicidal or self-harming thoughts you may be having.
- One should avoid taking this drug if one has large amounts of alcohol.
The doctor is the authority on what to avoid when taking this medication. Some precautions heeded are for a better outcome.
Cymbalta Tablets interact with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. The doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be mixed. The other drugs it interacts with stated below:
Being mindful of the drugs and their uses is essential. The diseases that interact with this medicine are Depression, Hypertension, and Seizures.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|
|Duloxetine Hydrochloride||Sugar spheres|