Disulfiram 250mg Tablet is a substance abuse deterrent. It is used in collaboration with psychotherapy methods to treat alcoholism. Stopping the breakdown of alcohol avoids the undesirable side effects associated with alcohol usage. Alcohol abuse is common worldwide and is managed only after the patient is willing. Resisting treatment will help no one.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Disulfiram 250mg Tablet once daily per instructions. The best time to consume it is in the morning. The doctor explains the dosing and administration instructions to the patient.
One should not consume more than the healthcare professional has directed. It could be detrimental to health.
SIDE EFFECTS OF DISULFIRAM:
The side effects of Disulfiram 250mg Tablet manifest differently in individuals. They are mentioned below:
- Garlic-like taste in the mouth
- Skin rash
- Throbbing in the head
- Copious vomiting
If the side effects persist, visit the physician immediately to manage it. One may see adverse side effects in the case of drug interactions.
The dosing schedule depends on factors like the severity of disease and the patients response to the treatment.
A dose of no more than 500 mg daily is administered throughout the first one to two weeks of treatment. Disulfiram tablets may be taken on retiring people who have a sedative effect, even though the fact that they are often taken in the morning. Alternatively, the dosage can be decreased to lessen or eliminate the sedative effect.
The daily maintenance dose should not exceed 500 mg; the average is 250 mg (125 to 500 mg).
- Refrain from taking this medication if one is allergic to the ingredients.
- Adverse side effects of combining Disulfiram 250mg Tablet with other medicines exist. Book a doctors appointment if this occurs.
- If you recently used metronidazole, paraldehyde, or other foods or products that contain alcohol, you shouldn’t use disulfiram. Mouthwash, cough medicine, cooking wine or vinegar, certain desserts, and others contain alcohol.
- Inform the doctor if you suffer from seizures, head injury, or an allergy to rubber.
- Seek medical advice for use in children below 18. Consuming drugs that are powerful at a young age is beyond dangerous. Avoid at all costs, unless specified otherwise.
These necessary precautions are taken for improved health.
DISULFIRAM DRUG INTERACTIONS:
Disulfiram 250mg Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. Doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be ingested with this medicine.
Drugs that interact with the given medicine stated below:
- Black cohosh
- Doxepin topical
Be aware of the drugs and their uses. Cardiac disease, Alcohol intoxication, and Disulfiram reaction interact with this medication.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|