Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection is treated with lamivudine (Epivir) and other drugs in adults and children older than 3 months. Hepatitis B infection is treated with Epivir HBV Tablet.
Lamivudine belongs to the drug category known as nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs). It functions by lowering the blood’s level of hepatitis B and HIV.
Although lamivudine does not treat HIV, it may lessen your risk of contracting AIDS and other HIV-related conditions like serious infections or cancer.
The danger of transferring the HIV or hepatitis B virus to other people can be reduced by taking these medications, engaging in safer sexual behavior, and changing other aspects of one’s lifestyle.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Epivir HBV Tablet by mouth once daily. One should choose a time to consume this medication and keep it fixed. The doctor explains the dosing and administration instructions to the patient.
One should not consume more than the healthcare professional has directed. It could be detrimental to health.
SIDE EFFECTS OF EPIVIR HBV TABLET:
The side effects of Epivir HBV Tablet manifest differently in individuals. They are mentioned below:
- Swollen tongue
- Muscle cramps
If the side effects persist, visit the physician immediately to manage it. One may see adverse side effects in the case of drug interactions.
The dosing schedule depends on factors like the severity of disease and the patients response to the treatment.
Dosage Recommendations for Adult Patients-
The suggested daily oral dose of EPIVIR-HBV is 100 mg.
Recommendations for Dosage in Children-
For children 2 to 17 years old, the recommended oral dosage of EPIVIR-HBV is 3 mg per kg once daily, with a daily maximum of 100 mg. The oral solution formulation should be administered if a patient cannot swallow tablets or needs a dosage of less than 100 mg.
- Refrain from taking this medication if one is allergic to the ingredients.
- Adverse side effects of combining Epivir HBV Tablet with other medicines exist. Book a doctors appointment if this occurs.
- Never stop using this medication without first consulting your doctor. Before discontinuing altogether, your doctor might advise that you progressively reduce the dosage. It will give your body time to adapt and prevent your medical condition from worsening.
- Never take more than the recommended dosage even if you need to consume medicines. It could cause an increase in blood pressure and tremors.
- This medication causes life-threatening effects on the liver or pancreas. Avoid this medicine in this case.
These necessary precautions are taken for improved health.
EPIVIR TABLET INTERACTIONS:
Epivir HBV Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. Doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be ingested with this medicine.
Drugs that interact with the given medicine stated below:
- Calaspargase pegol
Be aware of the drugs and their uses. Renal dysfunction, Hepatotoxicity, and Pancreatitis interact with this medication.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|
|Red Iron Oxide|