A prescription drug called Feldene 10 mg Tablet is used to treat the pain or inflammation associated with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis, particularly juvenile arthritis. This medicine is taken either on its own or with other drugs. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (NSAID). The safety and effectiveness of this drug in children under the age of 12 are unknown. This medication works within an hour of ingestion.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Feldene 10 mg Tablet by mouth per doctors orders. It works within an hour of ingestion. It works best when taken with water. The dosing instructions are explained to the patient. It is in addition to the side effects of the drug. One should take this medication until the doctor sees fit. The doctor is in charge of the prescription.
The side effects of Feldene 10 mg Tablet are visible differently in different people. The side effects are mentioned below:
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Loss of appetite
- Ringing in the ears
The doctor knows how to manage the side effects. Visit the expert in case the side effects persist for a long time.
The dosage depends on severity and patients response. The recommended dosage for treating osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis is 20 mg taken once daily orally. The daily dosage can be divided if preferred. Due to this medicine’s lengthy half-life, steady-state blood levels do not manifest for 7–12 days. Therefore, even if the therapeutic effects of this medicine are noticeable early in treatment, the reaction gradually increases over several weeks. The impact of therapy should not be evaluated for two weeks.
- Adverse side effects of combining Feldene 10 mg Tablet with other medicines exist. Book an appointment with the doctor if these side effects occur.
- Patients having cardiac, hepatic, or renal impairment should use Feldene cautiously. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (NSAIDs) can infrequently lead to papillary necrosis, glomerulitis, interstitial nephritis, and nephrotic syndrome.
- Piroxicam is one of the NSAIDs that can occasionally cause kidney issues. If you are dehydrated, have heart failure or kidney disease, are an older adult, or use certain drugs, problems could arise. To avoid being dehydrated, make sure to follow your doctor’s instructions to drink enough fluids. You should also notify your physician immediately if the pee amount changes.
- One feels lightheaded after taking this medication. After consuming alcohol or marijuana, you could feel more groggy or tired (cannabis). Avoid doing anything that calls for alertness, such as operating machinery or operating a vehicle.
- If you intend to become pregnant while taking Feldene, let your doctor know because it could be harmful to the fetus. The fetus could be harmed by taking Feldene in the final three months of pregnancy. If your doctor has not instructed you to take Feldene while pregnant, do not. It can contaminate breast milk and endanger nursing infants. Before breastfeeding, speak with your doctor.
The doctor is the authority on what to avoid when taking this medication. Some precautions heeded are for a better outcome.
Feldene 10 mg Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. The doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be mixed. The other drugs it interacts with stated below:
The diseases that interact with this medicine are Renal toxicities, Thrombosis, and Asthma.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|