Psychotic disorders are treated with Haloperidol 2 mg Tablet (conditions that cause difficulty telling the difference between things or ideas that are real and things or ideas that are not real). Haloperidol is also used to treat adults and kids with Tourette’s illness who have verbal and motor tics, uncontrollable compulsion to repeat noises or words, or specific body motions.
In children who cannot be treated with psychotherapy or other treatments, haloperidol is also used to treat severe behavioral issues like explosive, aggressive behavior, or hyperactivity. A class of drugs known as conventional antipsychotics includes this medicine. It reduces the brain’s aberrant excitation to work.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Haloperidol 2 mg Tablet by mouth twice or thrice daily. One should choose a time to ingest this medication and keep it fixed. The doctor explains the dosing and administration instructions to the patient. One should not consume more than the healthcare professional has directed. It could be detrimental to health.
SIDE EFFECTS OF HALOPERIDOL 2 MG TABLET:
The side effects of Haloperidol 2 mg Tablet manifests differently in individuals. They are mentioned below:
- Increased saliva
- Loss of appetite
- Slow movement
- Skin discoloration
If the side effects persist, visit the physician immediately to manage it. One may see adverse side effects in the case of drug interactions.
The dosing schedule depends on factors like the severity of disease and the patients response to the treatment.
- In the case of nervous, emotional, or mental ailments-
Adults and kids aged 13 and up- At first, 0.5 to 5 milligrams (mg) twice or thrice daily. The dosage is often limited to 100 mg daily.
Adults: Start with 0.5 to 2 mg and administer 2 or 3 times daily. The dosage is often limited to 100 mg daily.
Children 3 to 12 years old and weighing 15 to 40 kilograms (kg)- The doctor will select the dose based on your child’s weight.
Children under three years- The doctor must decide the use and dosage.
- For Tourette syndrome-
Children between 3 and 12 weighing between 15 and 40 kilograms (kg) must have their dosage decided by their doctor based on their body weight. In most cases, the dosage is 0.05 to 0.075 milligrams (mg) per kilogram (kg) of body weight daily.
Children under three: A doctor must determine the use and dosage.
- Refrain from taking this medication if one is allergic to the ingredients.
- Adverse side effects of combining Haloperidol 2 mg Tablet with other medicines exist. Book a doctors appointment if this occurs.
- Never stop using this medication without first consulting your doctor. Before discontinuing altogether, your doctor might advise that you progressively reduce the dosage. This will give your body time to adapt and prevent your medical condition from worsening.
- Your sweating will likely decrease as a result of this medication, which will raise your body temperature. When using this medication, take additional precautions to avoid overheating during physical activity or warm weather as this could lead to heat stroke. Additionally, while using this medication, hot baths or saunas may cause you to feel lightheaded or faint.
- A dry mouth is a side effect of haloperidol. Use sugar-free candies or gum, melt pieces of ice in your mouth, or use a saliva substitute for momentary relief. Consult your physician or dentist, nevertheless, if your mouth feels dry for more than two weeks. The likelihood of dental diseases such as tooth decay, gum disease, and fungal infections may rise if the mouth remains dry.
These necessary precautions are taken for improved health.
HALOPERIDOL TABLET INTERACTIONS:
Haloperidol 2 mg Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. Doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be ingested with this medicine.
Drugs that interact with the given medicine stated below:
Be aware of the drugs and their uses. Renal disease, Seizure disorders, and Tardive dyskinesia interact with this medication.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|