Levlen ED Tablet, also referred to as “the Pill” or the “birth control pill,” is a combination oral contraceptive. To avoid becoming pregnant, use Levlen ED.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer the Levlen ED Tablet once daily. It is the amount that is prescribed. This tablet is taken once a day, irrespective of how often one has sex. The dosing instructions are explained to the patient. It is in addition to the side effects of the drug. One should take this medication until the doctor sees fit. The doctor is in charge of the prescription.
The side effects of the Levlen ED Tablet are visible differently in different people. The side effects are mentioned below:
- Weight changes
- Vaginal bleeding or spotting
- Dark urine
- Breast tenderness
The doctor knows how to manage the side effects. Visit the expert in case the side effects persist for a long time.
The dosage depends on severity and patients response. A dosage of one tablet every day is taken in a gap of not more than 24 hours apart. A new pack is started once the pills are over. If you don’t take one tablet daily, you could become pregnant. Before you entirely run out of medicines, have your prescription filled again. Seven “reminder” pills are sometimes included in birth control kits to help you stay on your normal cycle.
- Adverse side effects of combining Levlen ED Tablet with other medicines exist. Book an appointment with the doctor if these side effects occur.
- Inform your physician if you have ever experienced an unusual or adverse reaction to this drug or other medication. Any additional allergies you may have, such as those to foods, colors, preservatives, or animals, should be disclosed to your healthcare provider.
- Although the risk of serious morbidity or mortality is very low in healthy women without underlying risk factors, the use of oral contraceptives is associated with increased risks of serious illnesses include myocardial infarction, thromboembolism, stroke, hepatic neoplasia, and hypertension. Other underlying risk factors like hypertension, hyperlipidemia, obesity, and diabetes considerably raise the risk of morbidity and mortality.
- If you smoke cigarettes or are older than 35, avoid using this medication. You run a higher chance of developing a blood clot, having a heart attack, or having a stroke if you smoke while taking birth control tablets. If you are over 35, have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or are overweight, your risk is significantly higher. Consult your doctor about quitting smoking. Take care of your diabetes. Speak to your doctor about food and exercise to manage your weight and blood cholesterol levels.
- Small levels of oral-contraceptive steroids have been found in nursing mothers’ milk, and certain adverse consequences on the kid, such as jaundice and breast enlargement, have been documented. Oral contraceptives may also disrupt lactation by lowering the quantity and caliber of breast milk when used during the postpartum period. If possible, the nursing mother should be counseled to utilize other methods of contraception instead of oral contraceptives until she has fully weaned her kid.
The doctor is the authority on what to avoid when taking this medication. Some precautions heeded are for a better outcome.
Levlen ED Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. The doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be mixed. The other drugs it interacts with stated below:
- Glycerol Phenylbutyrate
The diseases that interact with this medicine are Breast malignancy, Hypertension, and Intracranial HTN.
|Active Ingredients||Inactive Ingredients|
|Iron oxide yellow|