Corticosteroids are the active ingredient in Medrol 4 mg Tablet. It is used to treat a wide range of ailments, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, allergic reactions, some forms of cancer, and issues with the skin, eyes, thyroid, or intestines, among others. The mechanism by which this medicine relieves pain and swelling. It modifies your immune system by inhibiting the function of the chemicals that cause these symptoms.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Medrol 4 mg Tablet by mouth once daily. The effect of this medication begins after one to two hours of intake. The dosing instructions are explained to the patient. It is in addition to the side effects of the drug. One should take this medication until the doctor sees fit. The doctor is in charge of the prescription.
The side effects of Medrol 4 mg Tablet are visible differently in different people. The side effects are mentioned below:
- Increased sweating
- Changes in appetite
The doctor knows how to manage the side effects. Visit the expert in case the side effects persist for a long time.
The dosage depends on severity and patients response.
- Prescription for multiple sclerosis
For adults (ages 18–64 years):
Start-up doses are typically one or two doses of 160 mg daily. Changes in dosage: The doctor will lower the dosage after one week of consuming 160 mg daily to 64 mg every other day for one month.
Pediatric dose (ages 0–17 years)
Depending on the ailment being treated, the child’s doctor will determine the childs dosage. The least effective dosage is administered to the youngster.
Elderly dose (ages 65 years and older)
Elderly folks kidneys don’t function as well as they once did. The body may take longer to metabolize medications as a result of this. In turn, more of the medicine stays in your system for a longer period.
- Adverse side effects of combining Medrol 4 mg Tablet with other medicines exist. Book an appointment with the doctor if these side effects occur.
- Hormone changes could result from this medication. It may hinder your body from producing hormones naturally. If you tolerate the dosage of this medication well, your doctor gradually lowers it to lower your chance of side effects.
- Your immune system may get weakened by this medication. This makes it more difficult for you to fight off infections and makes it simpler for them to spread. Avoid being around sick or recently ill people while you’re on this medication. It includes those afflicted with the flu, measles, or chickenpox.
- If you have any recent infections or signs of infection, let your doctor know. These could include chills, a fever, or body aches.
- Consult the doctor if one has herpes of the eye.
The doctor is the authority on what to avoid when taking this medication. Some precautions heeded are for a better outcome.
Medrol 4 mg Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. The doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be mixed. The other drugs it interacts with stated below:
The diseases that interact with this medicine are Liver disease, Fluid retention, and Myopathy.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|