Meldonium 100 Tablet is used to treat ischemia, which is when there occurs not enough blood flowing to certain areas of the body. This condition is common in people who have angina, chronic heart failure, cardiomyopathy, and other cardiovascular diseases. This medication helps regulate how the body uses energy and might increase stamina and endurance. It promotes blood flow, which increases oxygen delivery to muscle tissue and enhances athletes’ ability to exert themselves. It is banned in several places because of its use by athletes.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Meldonium 100 Tablet by mouth twice daily. The daily maximum is 2000 mg. The doctor explains the dosing and administration instructions to the patient. One should not consume more than the healthcare professional has directed. It could be detrimental to health.
SIDE EFFECTS OF MELDONIUM 100 TABLET:
The side effects of Meldonium 100 Tablet manifest differently in individuals. They are mentioned below:
- Digestive upset
- Muscle spasms
- Metallic taste
If the side effects persist, visit the physician immediately to manage it. One may see adverse side effects in the case of drug interactions.
The dosing schedule depends on factors like the severity of disease and the patients response to the treatment. Food and water should be consumed when taking meldonium. The doctor determines the dosage and posology depending solely on the patient’s needs and the seriousness of the ailment being treated. The typical adult dose for cardiovascular problems is between 500 and 1000 mg, taken once to twice daily over 4-6 weeks. The recommended dose for treating chronic cerebrovascular disorders is 500 mg, taken once daily for a course lasting 4-6 weeks. The dosage for treating psycho-physical stress is 250 mg, taken four times daily for 10-14 days.
- Adverse side effects of combining Meldonium 100 Tablet with other medicines exist. Book an appointment with the doctor if these side effects occur.
- The patient should not alter the dosage of this medicine to suit their convenience.
- Refrain from this medicine if one is allergic to them.
- Mildronate reduces the amount of carnitine in the blood (both in short- and long-term tests; in one four-week research, 18%). It prevents the manufacture of carnitine and therefore acts as an inhibitor of fatty acid oxidation. The rate at which the cell uses its energy is affected.
- One may increase the risk of additional side effects from the intake of this medicine.
MELDONIUM TABLET INTERACTIONS:
Meldonium 100 Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. Doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be ingested with this medicine.
Drugs that interact with the given medicine stated below:
- Hypotensive drugs
- Antianginal agents
- Cardiac glycosides
Be aware of the drugs and their uses.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|
|Meldonium dihydrate||Calcium stearate|
|Colloidal silicon dioxide|