Motilium Instants Tablet treats cases of nausea and vomiting. It belongs to a category of medications called dopamine antagonists. It blocks the activity of a brain chemical that causes nausea and vomiting.
The dosage structure is planned after learning the patients age, gender, health, and response to treatment. One must not take this pill for more than seven days. It is a short-term relief drug.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Motilium Instants Tablet by mouth thrice daily for three to four days.
It is taken before having food for better absorption. There is delayed absorption of the medicine if taken with food.
This medicine is taken at the same time everyday to maintain consistency. The doctor examines patients situation and decides the dosage schedule for a certain period.
The side effects of taking Motilium Instants Tablet appear differently in different people. A higher dose of the medication could result in adverse side effects. The effects mentioned below.
- Dry mouth
- Swelling of lower skin area
- Irregular heartbeat
The physician knows how to deal with and manage the side effects. If the medicine is not taken duly, then more side effects occur.
The rare side effects may occur in some patients. It is tough to foresee the side effects that may arise.
Dosage for nausea and vomiting:
Adult (12 years of age and older who weigh at least 35 kg (16 lb))-
Recommended: 10 mg three times daily; maximum daily dose: 30 mg
Children (Under the age of 12 and less than 35 kg (16 lb))-
Recommended: 0.11 mg/lb, three times a day at 0.25 mg/kg (for oral suspension)
Maximum daily dose: 0.75 mg/kg (0.34 mg/lb).
Calculating dosage for children-
Use the weight-based dose calculator to get the recommended dosage for children based on the child’s weight.
The dosing structure is changed if the current treatment proves insufficient.
- Adverse side effects of combining Motilium Insants Tablet with other medicines exist. Speak to the doctor if these side effects occur.
- The doctor is made aware of all the patients medical problems like kidney problems, and liver problems.
- A higher risk of heart rhythm problems and cardiac arrest may be linked to Domperidone.
- People over 60 or those taking doses greater than 30 mg daily may be at greater risk for this complication. When some medications are used along with domperidone, the risk also rises. Inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have heart issues, AIDS/HIV, or are using antibiotics or other medications to treat bacterial or fungal infections.
- People who are younger than 12 years should not take this medicine. It does not have any effect on people of this age group.
The doctor is the authority on what to avoid when taking this medication. Some precautions heeded are for a better outcome.
Motilium Instants Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. The doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be mixed. The other drugs it interacts with stated below:
- Arsenic trioxide
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|