Olanzapine 5mg Tablet is prescribed to treat specific mental/mood disorders (such as schizophrenia, and bipolar disorder). It may be utilized together with additional drugs to treat depression. This medicine can help you feel less irritated, think more clearly and positively about yourself, and participate more actively in daily life.
It can also help you experience fewer hallucinations. This medicine belongs to the atypical antipsychotic drug class. It assists in the restoration of the equilibrium of some natural compounds in the brain.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Olanzapine 5mg Tablet by mouth once daily. The doctor explains the dosing and administration instructions to the patient. One should not consume more than directed by the doctor. It could be detrimental to health.
SIDE EFFECTS OF OLANZAPINE 5MG TABLET:
The side effects of Olanzapine 5mg Tablet occur differently in people. They are mentioned below:
- Walking problems
- Unusual behavior
- Weight gain
- Dry mouth
If the side effects persist, visit the physician immediately to manage it. One may see adverse side effects in the case of drug interactions.
The dosing schedule depends on factors like the severity of disease and the patients response to the treatment.
Bipolar I disorder dosage
Dose for adults (ages 18 years and older)-
The initial dose is usually between 10 and 15 mg once daily.
Increases in dosage: Dosage adjustments are normally made no more frequently than once per 24 hours. Usually, 5 mg is added to them at a time. A 20 mg maximum is allowed.
Used in conjunction with valproate or lithium:
The usual starting dose of olanzapine is 10 mg once daily. The maximum dosage of olanzapine is 20 mg.
Dose for kids (ages 13–17 years)-
The starting dose is 2.5–5 mg once daily. Increased dosage: Your doctor might up your child’s dosage to 10 mg everyday. The dosage for your child will probably be altered by 2.5 mg or 5 mg at a time. The maximum daily dose is 20 mg.
- Call your doctor if you get pregnant while taking olanzapine. If olanzapine is taken in the final months of pregnancy, it may have ill effects on babies after birth.
- Adverse side effects of combining Olanzapine 5mg Tablet with other medicines exist. Book an appointment with the doctor if these side effects occur.
- Inform your physician if you smoke. The efficacy of this drug may be impacted by cigarette smoking.
- Avoid this medicine if one is allergic to any of its components. Inform the doctor of the same.
- You should be aware that olanzapine must be used in tandem with other therapies, such as counseling and educational support, when treating teenagers. Ensure that your child complies with all directions from the therapist or doctor.
The doctor is the authority on what to avoid when taking this medication.
Olanzapine 5mg Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. Doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be ingested with this medicine.
Drugs that interact with the given medicine stated below:
Be aware of the drugs and their uses. The diseases that interact with this medicine are PKU, Lipid alterations, and Dementia.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|
|Olanzapine||Crospovidone Type A|