Plaquenil 200mg Tablet reduces the swelling and pain caused by arthritis. The risk of long-term disability is reduced with the intake of this drug. A class of medications called hydroxychloroquine was initially used to both prevent and treat malaria. It is currently the go-to medication for lupus and is also effective against rheumatoid arthritis, certain lupus symptoms, juvenile idiopathic arthritis, and other inflammatory illnesses.
The mechanism through which hydroxychloroquine treats autoimmune disorders is unknown. According to theory, hydroxychloroquine obstructs immune system cell communication.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Plaquenil 200mg Tablet by mouth as directed by the doctor. If one breaks or crushes them, it could leave one with a bitter aftertaste. The dosing instructions are explained to the patient. It is in addition to the side effects of the drug. One should take this medication until the doctor sees fit. The doctor is in charge of the prescription.
The side effects of Plaquenil 200mg Tablet appear differently in different people. A higher dose of the medication could result in adverse side effects- the effects mentioned below.
- Chest tightness
- Weight loss
The physician knows how to manage the side effects. The medicine is taken duly to prevent further occurrence of side effects. Rare side effects may occur in some patients. It is tough to judge the side effects that may arise.
The dosage depends on severity and patients response. Adult Dosage For Rheumatoid Arthritis
The dosage that is advised is:
Initial dosage: 400 mg to 600 mg daily, either taken all at once or in two doses. Because of its cumulative action, hydroxychloroquine may take weeks or months to exert its full therapeutic potential. The incidence of retinopathy rises with daily hydroxychloroquine sulfate dosages of more than 5 mg per kg (actual weight). Chronic dosage ranges from 200 mg once per day to 400 mg per day, either in one or two doses.
- The doctor is aware of all the patients medical problems like kidney and liver problems.
- Adverse side effects of combining Plaquenil 200mg Tablet with other medicines exist. Book an appointment with the doctor if these side effects occur.
- Inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have any allergies before taking hydroxychloroquine, including those to it, chloroquine, or other substances. The inactive chemicals potentially trigger allergic reactions or other issues.
- You become more sun-sensitive because of this medicine. Keep sun exposure to a minimum. Avoid using sunlamps and tanning booths.
- Taking this medication may make you feel dizzy. After consuming alcohol or cannabis, you might experience increased dizziness. Abstain from using machinery, operating a vehicle, or engaging in any activity that calls for attention. Avoid drinking alcohol. While using this medication, alcohol can potentially raise your risk of developing liver issues.
The doctor is the authority on what to avoid when taking this medication. Some precautions heeded are for a better outcome.
Plaquenil 200mg Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. The doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be mixed. The other drugs it interacts with stated below:
Being mindful of the drugs and their uses is essential. The diseases that interact with this medicine are Diabetes, Heart disease, and Oculotoxicity.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|
|Hydroxychloroquine sulfate||Titanium dioxide|
|Dibasic Calcium Phosphate|