Pyridium 200 Tablet provides relaxation from painful symptoms of urinary tract infections. It does not treat the cause of this disease. Pyridium 200 Tablet should not be used by people with medical disorders, including kidney disease, liver disease, or glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, as it may have serious side effects. In addition, Pyridium 200 Tablet may interact severely with several drugs.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Pyridium 200 Tablet by mouth thrice daily.
If one decides to self-medicate, do not take for more than two days.
It is dependent on the doctor. Their approval is required for ceasing the intake of the medicine.
This medicine works better if it is taken at the same time everyday. There is consistency to this. One will not forget to take this medication.
The doctor examines patients situation and decides the dosage schedule for a stipulated time.
The side effects of taking Pyridium 200 Tablet appear differently in different people.
A higher dose of the medication could result in intense side effects.
The effects mentioned below.
- Loss of appetite
- Lower back pain
- Urine discoloration
If the side effects persist, then consult the doctor. The physician knows how to deal with and manage the side effects. Unwanted side effects occur if the medicine is not duly taken.
The rare side effects may occur in some patients. It is tough to foresee the side effects that may arise.
One must build up their immunity. The side effects may not be so severe for patients with increased immunity.
The dosage structure varies for each disease. Taking the correct dose means fewer chances of falling ill. Two tablets and thrice daily after meals are the typical adult dosage for 100 mg tablets. The adult dosage of one tablet, taken thrice daily after meals, is 200 mg.
The duration of Phenazopyridine HCl dosage for treatment of a urinary tract infection should not exceed two days when administered along with antibiotic medication.
The doctor or pharmacist indicates the correct dosage to the patient.
- The doctor is made aware of all the patients medical problems like kidney problems, liver problems, and enlarged prostate.
- Adverse side effects of combining Pyridium 200 Tablet with other medicines exist. Speak to the doctor if these side effects occur.
- If you are allergic to phenazopyridine or have renal disease, you should not use Pyridium. Although Pyridium treats the signs and symptoms of a urinary tract infection, it does not address the underlying contamination. To treat this, take any medication that your doctor recommends. Take this medication with food to minimize stomach distress.
- You shouldn’t wear soft contact lenses while taking Pyridium because it can permanently discolor them.
- One should not use this medicine without consulting the doctor. It applies to pregnant women.
The doctor is the authority on what to avoid when taking this medication. Some precautions heeded are for a better outcome.
Pyridium 200 Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. The doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be mixed. The other drugs it interacts with stated below:
- Vitamin D3
Renal dysfunction, Hepatitis, and G-6-PD deficiency interact with this tablet. These diseases may have adverse reactions with a patient.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|
|Phenazopyridine HCl||Carnauba wax|