Ranitidine 300mg Tablet treats stomach and intestinal ulcers.
This medicine treats problems with the throat (esophagus) and stomach. It includes erosive esophagitis and gastroesophageal reflux disease-GERD. Zollinger-Ellison syndrome is also treated.
It reduces the acid the stomach produces.
It eases symptoms such as persistent cough, stomach ache, heartburn, and trouble swallowing. Ranitidine is a member of the H2 blocker drug subclass.
Additionally, this drug is accessible over the counter. Heartburn and other symptoms brought on by having too much acid in the stomach are treated and prevented by it (acid indigestion).
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Ranitidine 300mg Tablet by mouth once daily. It is given four times daily for some diseases. It is dependent on the doctor. Their approval is required for stopping the intake of the medicine. This medicine works better if it is taken at the same time everyday. There is consistency to this. One will not forget to take this medication. The doctor examines patients situation and decides the dosage schedule for a stipulated time.
The side effects of taking Ranitidine 300mg Tablet appear differently in different people. A higher dose of the medication could result in intense side effects.
The effects mentioned below.
- Hair loss
- Breathing problems
One must visit the physician if the side effects persist. The physician knows how to deal with and manage the side effects. Unwanted side effects occur if the medicine is not duly taken.
The rare side effects may occur in some patients. It is tough to foresee the side effects that may arise.
One must build up their immunity. The side effects may not be so severe for patients with increased immunity.
The dosage structure varies for each disease. Taking the correct dose means fewer chances of falling ill.
The adult dosage ranges from 150mg to 300mg daily. The different ways of consuming the medicine are mentioned below:
- One 300mg tablet before going to sleep.
- One 150mg tablet one time or twice a day.
The typical dose for adults and children 16 years of age and older taking over-the-counter medication to treat acid indigestion, heartburn, or sour or upset stomach is 75 mg to 150 mg taken as soon as symptoms arise. You may take a second dose of the same strength if your symptoms last longer than one hour or come back after one hour.
Take the dose 30 to 60 minutes before eating a meal or drinking anything anticipated to produce symptoms to prevent symptoms brought on by ingesting food or liquids. Every 24 hours, the maximum dose is 300 mg. Do not continue taking it this way for longer than two weeks without consulting a doctor. The doctor or pharmacist indicates the correct dosage to the patient.
- The doctor is made aware of all the patients medical problems like kidney problems, liver problems, and enlarged prostate.
- Adverse side effects of combining Ranitidine 300mg Tablet with other medicines exist. Speak to the doctor if these side effects occur.
- Acute porphyria attacks could be brought on by ranitidine (a disorder that affects the production of heme in the body). Ranitidine shouldn’t be taken by anyone who has experienced acute porphyria.
- This medicine is not to be used while pregnant. Please notify your doctor right away if you become pregnant while taking this medicine.
- This medicine enters breast milk. Ranitidine may have an impact on your infant if you are breastfeeding while taking it. If you’re still breastfeeding, discuss this with your doctor.
The doctor is the authority on what to avoid when taking this medication. Some precautions heeded are for a better outcome.
Ranitidine 300mg Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. The doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be mixed.
The other drugs it interacts with stated below:
- Fish Oil
- Vitamin D3
The disease interactions of this medication are also present. Renal dysfunction, Liver disease, and GI bleeding interact with this tablet.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|
|Ranitidine Hydrochloride USP||Magnesium stearate|