Reminyl 4mg Tablet is utilized to treat mild to severe dementia (confusion) caused by Alzheimer’s. Alzheimer’s disease cannot be cured by this medicine, although it may help with memory, alertness, and daily function. This drug works by bringing back the proper ratio of a few natural brain chemicals called neurotransmitters.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Reminyl 4mg Tablet by mouth once daily. It is taken in the morning and with food. The doctor explains the dosing and administration instructions to the patient. One should not consume more than directed by the doctor. It could be detrimental to health.
SIDE EFFECTS OF REMINYL 4MG TABLET:
The side effects of Reminyl 4mg Tablet occur differently in people. They are mentioned below:
- Decreased appetite
- Irregular heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Muscle cramps
- Ringing ears
If the side effects persist, visit the physician immediately to manage it. One may see adverse side effects in the case of drug interactions.
The dosing schedule depends on factors like the severity of disease and the patients response to the treatment. To minimize side effects, the Reminyl dosage should be gradually raised until it reaches the maintenance dose.
Eight milligrams daily for four weeks is the suggested starting dosage.
Maintenance dosage– Patients should stay on this dosage for at least four weeks after starting it at 16 mg daily.
- This medication may result in fainting and a sluggish heartbeat. More frequently, this occurs in those with cardiac issues. Call your physician immediately if you experience fainting or a slow heartbeat.
- Adverse side effects of combining Reminyl 4mg Tablet with other medicines exist. Book an appointment with the doctor if these side effects occur.
- Galantamine may result in a generalized skin rash with bumps or a severe skin response known as Stevens-Johnson syndrome. Stop taking this medicine at the first indication of rash. Contact your doctor.
- Avoid this medicine if one is allergic to any of its components. Inform the doctor of the same.
- Galantamine may cause issues with the stomach or bowels. If you have nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, or weight loss, consult your doctor immediately.
The doctor is the authority on what to avoid when taking this medication.
Reminyl 4mg Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. Doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be ingested with this medicine.
Drugs that interact with the given medicine stated below:
Be aware of the drugs and their uses. The diseases that interact with this medicine are PUD, Renal impairment, and Hepatic impairment.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|