Selegiline 5 MG is a prescription medication that is used to treat Depression-related symptoms. Emsam can be taken alone or in combination with other drugs. It is a member of the class of medications known as MAO Type B Inhibitors and Antiparkinson Agents. The safety and effectiveness of this medicine in young patients are unknown.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Selegiline 5 MG by mouth according to the details on the prescription label. This medicine is taken at the same time to avoid missing any dose. The dosing instructions and the intake instructions are explained to the patient. It is in addition to the side effects of the drug.
One should take this medication until the doctor sees fit. The doctor is in charge of the prescription.
SIDE EFFECTS OF SELEGILINE:
The side effects of Selegiline 5 MG appear differently in different people. A higher dose of the medication could result in adverse side effects- the effects mentioned below:
- Panic attacks
- Vision problems
- Increased energy
The physician knows how to manage the side effects. The medicine is taken duly to prevent further occurrence of side effects. Rare side effects may occur in some patients. It is tough to judge the side effects that may arise.
DOSAGE OF EMSAM:
The dosage depends on severity and patients response. The initial and target doses for EMSAM are both 6 mg per 24 hours. It has been scientifically proven that EMSAM is effective at doses between 6 mg and 12 mg per 24 hours. The trials, however, were not intended to determine if greater dosages are superior to the lowest effective dose of 6 mg every 24 hours.
- The doctor is aware of all the patients medical problems like kidney and liver problems.
- Adverse side effects of combining Selegiline 5 MG with other medicines exist. Book an appointment with the doctor if these side effects occur.
- The detrimental impacts of your carbidopa/levodopa medicine, such as tiredness, dizziness, and difficulties coordinating your body’s movements, can be made worse by selegiline (dyskinesia). To reduce this risk, your doctor may reduce the carbidopa/levodopa you take.
- Selegiline may contribute to or exacerbate hypertension. Additionally, selegiline can increase your sensitivity to tyramine, a chemical your body produces to assist regulate your blood pressure. When selegiline is taken at the recommended dose, and tyramine-rich foods are consumed, dangerously high blood pressure occurred. It can result from seizures, excruciating headaches, anxiety, confusion, blurred vision, and severe chest discomfort. Stop taking selegiline as soon as you notice these symptoms, and seek immediate medical attention.
- You might become sleepy from this medication. It might even cause you to suddenly nod off while driving, conversing, or eating. Avoid driving or doing anything else that could be risky.
The doctor is the authority on what to avoid when taking this medication. Some precautions heeded are for a better outcome.
SELEGILINE DRUG INTERACTIONS:
Selegiline 5 MG interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. The doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be mixed. The other drugs it interacts with stated below:
- St.John’s Wort
Being mindful of the drugs and their uses is essential. The diseases that interact with this medicine are Cardiac disease, Hypertension, and Sleep disorders.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|
|Selegiline Hydrochloride||Anhydrous Lactose|