Parkinson’s disease or Parkinson-like symptoms are treated with Sinemet 250mg/25mg Tablet. The symptoms include shakiness, stiffness, and difficulty moving. Dopamine, a naturally occurring chemical, is assumed to be insufficient in the brain and to be the root cause of Parkinson’s disease.
Levodopa in the brain converts to dopamine, which supports motor control. Carbidopa does not break down levodopa in the bloodstream, which increases the amount of levodopa that reaches the brain. Carbidopa also helps lessen some of the ill effects of levodopa, including nausea and vomiting.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Sinemet 250mg/25mg Tablet by mouth thrice or four times daily. If this medicine is taken with a meal, it reduces the occurrence of nausea. One should take this medication until the doctor sees fit. The doctor is in charge of the prescription.
SIDE EFFECTS OF SINEMET 250MG TABLET:
The side effects of Sinemet 250mg/25mg Tablet appear differently in people. They are mentioned below:
- Loss of appetite
- Sleeping issues
- Poor muscle control
- Abnormal dreams
The physician knows how to manage the side effects. The medicine is taken as prescribed to prevent further occurrence of side effects. Rare side effects may occur in some patients.
The dosage depends on severity and patients response. Sinemet dosage titration in each patient is necessary to establish the ideal daily dosage.
In addition to a 1:10 ratio (SINEMET 25/250), SINEMET tablets are also available in a 1:4 ratio of carbidopa to levodopa (SINEMET 25/100). Tablets from the two ratios can be administered separately or in combination to deliver the correct dosage.
The Sinemet 25/100 tablet score-line is not intended to be divided into equal amounts, but rather to aid in breaking the tablet for easier ingestion. The tablet should be taken entirely, even if it has been divided. Divided into equal doses is the SINEMET 25/250 pill score-line.
Given dosages roughly every three to four hours, the total amount of levodopa administered over the course of a 24-hour period should be comparable and divided proportionately.
- You may experience drowsiness or lightheadedness after using this medication. You may become more groggy or lightheaded if you consume alcohol or marijuana (cannabis). Avoid driving, utilizing machinery, and performing other tasks that call for alertness. Don’t drink too much alcohol.
- Adverse side effects of combining Sinemet 250mg/25mg Tablet with other medicines exist. Book an appointment with the doctor if these side effects occur.
- Minute levels of levodopa are found in breast milk, which may impact how much milk you produce. Carbidopa’s ability to cross into breast milk is uncertain. Before breastfeeding, speak with your doctor.
- It could be harmful to take this medicine after its expiry date.
- One should not take this medicine if one is diagnosed with narrow-angle glaucoma.
The doctor is the authority on what to avoid when taking this medication. Some precautions heeded are for a better outcome.
LEVODOPA TABLET INTERACTIONS:
Sinemet 250mg/25mg Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. The doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be mixed.
The drugs it interacts with stated below:
Being mindful of the drugs and their uses is essential. Melanoma, Glaucoma, and Depression are diseases that interact with this drug.
|Active Ingredients||Inactive Ingredients|
|FD&C Blue 2.|