Strattera 60 mg Capsule is used as part of a comprehensive treatment strategy that also includes psychological, social, and other therapy to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
The capacity to pay attention, concentrate, maintain focus, and refrain from fidgeting may be improved. It is believed to function by reestablishing the proper balance of a few natural chemicals (neurotransmitters) in the brain.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Strattera 60 mg Capsule by mouth once or twice daily. The first dose is usually administered in the morning after waking up. One should take this medication until the doctor sees fit. The doctor is in charge of the prescription.
SIDE EFFECTS OF STRATTERA 60 MG CAPSULE:
The side effects of Strattera 60 mg Capsule appear differently in people. They are mentioned below:
- Reduced appetite
- Stomach ache
- Dry mouth
The physician knows how to manage the side effects. The medicine is taken as prescribed to prevent further occurrence of side effects. Rare side effects may occur in some patients.
The dosage depends on severity and patients response.
Dose of Strattera for ADHD-Typically, four weeks of steadily increasing doses of Strattera are used. For adult patients, the recommended starting dose is 40 mg taken orally once every morning for at least three days before increasing to the recommended amount of 80 mg daily. After taking the drug for two to four weeks, it may be increased to 100 mg daily if well tolerated. The dosage can be divided into twice-daily doses in the morning and late in the afternoon or is used as one dose daily. Even if a patient is feeling well, they should keep taking the drug.
Starting with 0.5 mg/kg/dosage every morning for at least three days before increasing to the regular dose is appropriate for kids under 155 pounds (70 kg). For children weighing under 155 pounds (70 kg), the recommended pediatric dose is 1.2 mg/kg/day administered once or twice daily. For instance, a youngster who is six years old and weighs 50 pounds should begin with a 10 mg capsule every morning for at least three days before increasing to 25 mg daily.
For at least three days, children with ADHD who are at least six years old and weigh more than 155 pounds (70 kg) can take a starting dose of 40 mg by mouth each morning before rising to 80 mg daily.
- Inform your doctor if you or anyone in your family is currently experiencing or has ever experienced depression, bipolar disorder (also known as manic depressive disorder, which causes episodes of depression, frenzied, abnormal excitement, and other abnormal moods), or has ever contemplated or attempted suicide. Let your doctor know if you suffer from liver illness or have had seizures before.
- Adverse side effects of combining Strattera 60 mg Capsule with other medicines exist. Book an appointment with the doctor if these side effects occur.
- Inform your doctor if you intend to get pregnant, or are already pregnant. Call your doctor immediately if you get pregnant while taking atomoxetine.
- You should be aware that atomoxetine should be used together with other therapies, such as counseling and specialized instruction, to treat ADHD effectively. Ensure that you adhere to all recommendations from your therapist or doctor.
- If you stand up too rapidly from a laying position while taking atomoxetine, you could have dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting. To prevent this issue, carefully get out of bed and sit up after putting your feet down for a while.
The doctor is the authority on what to avoid when taking this medication. Some precautions heeded are for a better outcome.
ATOMOXETINE TABLET INTERACTIONS:
Strattera 60 mg Capsule interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. The doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be mixed.
The drugs it interacts with stated below:
- Arsenic trioxide
Being mindful of the drugs and their uses is essential. The diseases that interact with this medicine are Liver disease, Seizure disorders, and Cardiac disease.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|
|Synthetic yellow iron oxide|