Topamax 25 mg Tablet is used alone or in combination with other drugs to treat and prevent seizures (epilepsy). This drug is also used to treat and lessen the frequency of migraine headaches. Once a migraine attack starts, topiramate is ineffective at treating it. Follow your doctor’s instructions if you experience a migraine headache (such as by taking pain medicines or lying down in a dark room). As an anticonvulsant or antiepileptic medication, topiramate is well-known.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Topamax 25 mg Tablet by mouth twice daily. One should take this medication until the doctor sees fit. The doctor is in charge of the prescription.
SIDE EFFECTS OF TOPAMAX 25 MG TABLET:
The side effects of Topamax 25 mg Tablet appear differently in people. They are mentioned below:
- Loss of coordination
- Appetite loss
- Weight loss
The physician knows how to manage the side effects. The medicine is taken as prescribed to prevent further occurrence of side effects. Rare side effects may occur in some patients. It is tough to judge the side effects that may arise.
The dosage depends on severity and patients response.
- When combined with other medicines for epilepsy-
Adults and children(17 years old and older)- At the start, take 25 or 50 mg once daily. The dosage is typically no greater than 400 mg daily.
Children between the ages of 2 and 16 — Your child’s doctor will calculate the dose based on your child’s weight. The initial dosage is typically 25 mg once daily in the evening.
Children under two years old: The doctor determines the use and dosage.
- Adults and children 12 years of age and older- Initially, a dose of 25 mg once daily in the evening for migraine headaches. The dosage is limited to 100 mg daily.
Children under 12: The doctor must determine the use and dosage.
- Topamax may occasionally result in secondary closed-angle glaucoma (sudden increase in the pressure in your eye). Consult your doctor about if Topamax is appropriate for you if you have glaucoma or have had it in the past.
- Adverse side effects of combining Topamax 25 mg Tablet with other medicines exist. Book an appointment with the doctor if these side effects occur.
- A condition known as metabolic acidosis, or a high quantity of acid in your blood, is a side effect of Topamax that can occasionally occur. The amount of acid in your blood might also increase if you have severe lung or breathing issues, such as COPD or asthma. With Topamax, your chance of developing metabolic acidosis may be increased if you have lung or breathing issues.
- A condition known as metabolic acidosis, or a high quantity of acid in your blood, is a side effect of Topamax that can occasionally occur. Osteoporosis or osteomalacia may develop if this illness is not treated. These ailments increase your vulnerability to fractures.
If you want to know if Topamax is right for you, talk to your doctor. Additional blood tests may be required while taking Topamax to ensure that the acid level in your blood is safe.
- You shouldn’t take Topamax if you have ever experienced an adverse response to the medication’s components. Find out from your doctor which other medicines would be best for you.
The doctor is the authority on what to avoid when taking this medication. Some precautions heeded are for a better outcome.
TOPIRAMATE TABLET INTERACTIONS:
Topamax 25 mg Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. The doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be mixed.
The other drugs it interacts with stated below:
Being mindful of the drugs and their uses is essential. The diseases that interact with this medicine are Bone marrow depression, Renal dysfunction, and Severe liver disease.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|