Venlafaxine 150mg Capsule is available by providing a prescription. It is used to treat depression and social anxiety disorder (SAD). The safety and effectiveness of this medicine are unknown in children weighing less than 40kg. Your attitude and energy may be lifted, and it might also help you regain interest in day-to-day activities. Venlafaxine (SNRI) is a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. It assists in restoring the proper levels of a few organic compounds in the brain (serotonin and norepinephrine).
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Venlafaxine 150mg Capsule by mouth twice or thrice daily. It is taken with a meal. The dosing instructions and the intake instructions are explained to the patient. It is in addition to the side effects of the drug. One should take this medication until the doctor sees fit. The doctor is in charge of the prescription.
SIDE EFFECTS OF VENLAFAXINE:
The side effects of Venlafaxine 150mg Capsule appear differently in different people. A higher dose of the medication could result in adverse side effects- the effects mentioned below.
- Chest tightness
- Slurred speech
- Breathing troubles
The physician knows how to manage the side effects. The medicine is taken duly to prevent further occurrence of side effects. Rare side effects may occur in some patients. It is tough to judge the side effects that may arise.
DOSAGE OF EFEXOR XR:
The dosage depends on severity and patients response.
- Depression Dosage:
Dose for adults (ages 18 years and older) – Oral immediate-release tablets: The recommended starting dose is 75 mg daily, divided into two or three doses.
Increases in dosage: If necessary, your doctor may raise your daily dose to 150 mg.
The typical daily maximum dose is 225 mg. If your depression is more severe, your doctor can recommend a dosage of up to 375 mg daily, divided into three doses.
- Long-acting oral tablets:
75 mg daily, administered as a single dose in the morning or evening, is the usual starting dosage. Some people should begin taking 37.5 mg once a day for 4–7 days.
- SAD Dosage:
Dose for adults (ages 18 years and older) –
- Long-acting oral tablets:
75 mg daily, taken as a single dose in the morning or evening, is the typical dosage.
Maximum daily dose: 75 mg. The amount for kids (ages 0–17 years). Children in this age group should not take this medication.
- The doctor is aware of all the patients medical problems like kidney and liver problems.
- Adverse side effects of combining Venlafaxine 150mg Capsule with other medicines exist. Book an appointment with the doctor if these side effects occur.
- Venlafaxine may not be safe for you if you or a close relative have previously experienced certain mental health disorders. The medication can make you more likely to experience a manic episode. Bipolar depression in patients cannot be treated with venlafaxine. Consult your doctor before beginning venlafaxine about any mental health issues you or members of your immediate family currently have or have ever had.
- Your blood pressure may rise if you use venlafaxine. Before beginning venlafaxine, you might need to start taking medication to control your high blood pressure. While you are taking venlafaxine, your doctor will frequently check your blood pressure. You might need therapy if your blood pressure rises. Your doctor might need to lower your venlafaxine dosage if your blood pressure doesn’t go down. Or they might advise you to change to a different antidepressant.
- Venlafaxine may occasionally result in low blood salt levels. Venlafaxine could exacerbate low sodium levels if you already have them. Older adults and those on diuretic drugs have a higher risk of experiencing this side effect. Consult your doctor about whether venlafaxine is good for you if you take a diuretic or have a history of low sodium issues. You might need to stop taking venlafaxine if your salt level falls too low while you’re taking it.
The doctor is the authority on what to avoid when taking this medication. Some precautions heeded are for a better outcome.
VENLAFAXINE DRUG INTERACTIONS:
Venlafaxine 150mg Capsule interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. The doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be mixed. The other drugs it interacts with stated below:
Being mindful of the drugs and their uses is essential. The diseases that interact with this medicine are Depression, Hypertension, and Renal disorder.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|
|Venlafaxine Hydrochloride||Lactose monohydrate|
|Ferric oxide red (E-172)|