Zofran 8 mg Tablet is used either by itself or in combination with other medications to stop nausea and vomiting caused by radiation therapy and chemotherapy for cancer. It is also utilized post-surgery to stop and manage nausea and vomiting. It functions by inhibiting serotonin, a naturally occurring chemical in the body that triggers nausea and vomiting.
WAY OF ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Zofran 8 mg Tablet by mouth twice daily. It is best consumed with water. The dosing instructions are explained to the patient. It is in addition to the side effects of the drug. One should take this medication until the doctor sees fit. The doctor is in charge of the prescription.
SIDE EFFECTS OF ZOFRAN 8 MG TABLET:
The side effects of Zofran 8 mg Tablet appear differently in different people. A higher dose of the medication could result in adverse side effects- the effects mentioned below:
- Stomach ache
- Chest pain
The physician knows how to manage the side effects. The medicine is taken as prescribed to prevent further occurrence of side effects. Rare side effects may occur in some patients. It is tough to judge the side effects that may arise.
The dosage depends on severity and patients response.
- During and after cancer treatment, to reduce mild nausea and vomiting-
Adults and children 12 years of age and older—At first, 8 mg is administered 30 minutes before the commencement of cancer treatment. After eight hours, the 8-mg dose is administered once more. Following that, the dosage is 8 mg every 12 hours for one to two days.
Children aged 4 to 11: The initial dose is 4 mg, 30 minutes before the start of cancer treatment. 4 and 8 hours following the initial treatment, the 4-mg dose is administered once more. Following that, for 1 to 2 days, the dosage is 4 mg every 8 hours.
Your doctor must determine the use and dosage for children under four.
- After receiving cancer treatment and to avoid more severe nausea and vomiting-
One 24-milligram (mg) tablet should be taken by adults, adolescents, and kids under 12, 30 minutes before beginning cancer treatment.
Children under 12 years old—Use and dosage must be decided by your doctor.
- One should not administer this medication to children without consulting the doctor.
- Adverse side effects of combining Zofran 8 mg Tablet with other medicines exist. Book an appointment with the doctor if these side effects occur.
- A potentially fatal illness known as serotonin syndrome is made more likely by ondansetron use. Serotonin, a neurotransmitter, accumulates excessively in your body, resulting in this illness. Agitation, delirium, and hallucinations—things you see or hear that aren’t real—can all be brought on by a serotonin level that is too high. Additionally, it may result in tremors, muscle rigidity, sweating, seizures, jerky muscle movements, and coma. If you experience any of these symptoms, don’t wait to call your doctor. Usage of ondansetron alone may cause this syndrome. The likelihood of that happening, though, increases if you’re also taking a medication that lowers serotonin levels.
- This medication may raise your risk of arrhythmias if you suffer from illnesses like congenital long QT syndrome or heart failure. Find out from your doctor if you are at risk for arrhythmias.
- Ondansetron may affect a fetus when a mother takes medication, but there haven’t been enough human studies to know for sure. The fetus is not at risk, according to animal studies. Though not always, human behavior is predicted by studies on animals.If you’re expecting or want to become pregnant, consult your doctor. If necessary, this medication should only be administered during pregnancy.
The doctor is the authority on what to avoid when taking this medication. Some precautions heeded are for a better outcome.
ZYDIS TABLET INTERACTIONS:
Zofran 8 mg Tablet interacts with other medicines and can reduce the effectiveness of the medication taken. The doctor informs the patient about the drugs that should not be mixed.
The other drugs it interacts with stated below:
Being mindful of the drugs and their uses is essential. The diseases that interact with this medicine are Liver disease and QT interval prolongation.
|Active Ingredient||Inactive Ingredients|